Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pfizer

I found this reference (http://blogs.zdnet.com/service-oriented/?p=998 ) on the Pfizer success story of SOA & MDM by Joe McKendrick in his "SOA's role in master data Management explained" entry from back in November of 2007. Pfizer's efforts have truly been on the leading edge in terms of tackling SOA & MDM concurrently. I had the opportunity to participate in this effort in 2007 and manage the definition of the SOA & MDM intersection (the Data Services Layer) across the customer, product and identity domains. Since then and through seeing other implementations, I came to truly appreciate Pfizer's decision to execute this multi-domain MDM solution on a single MDM Hub on the same infrastructure, and leveraging SOA as the primary enterprise data delivery mechanism. If it was not for my newborn son I might still be in Groton CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment